Beryllium Copper (CuBe)
- Beryllium copper is a ductile, weldable and machinable alloy
- It can be heat-treated to improve its strength, durability and electrical conductivity.
- Because beryllium copper is non-sparkling but physically tough and non-magnetic, it is used to make tools that can safely be used in environments where there are explosive vapors and gases, such as on oil rigs and coal mines.
- It is used for its superior strength, hardness and high electrical conductivity
- Like other copper based alloys, it can be machined in the hardened condition but it is far more superior in terms of dimensional stability and is able to acquire elaborate forms
- Excellent resistance to oxidation and abrasive wear
- Commonly used in the electronic equipment such as switch and relay blades, control bearings and in non-sparkling applications due to its corrosion, wear resistance and high conductivity which increases productivity and die durability.