- Stainless Steel has a beautiful surface appearance and strong resistance to corrosion and heat. It is very workable and shows excellent performance even at low temperatures.
- A highly popular material known for its strength and ornamental values, it is widely used to achieve architectural aesthetics.
- Excellent in a wide range of atmospheric environments and many corrosive media
- Subject to pitting and crevice corrosion in warm chloride environments, and to stress corrosion cracking above 60oC
- Good oxidation resistance
- Grade 304L stainless steel is more resistant to carbide precipitation
- Applied in food processing equipment, particularly in beer brewing, milk processing and wine making
- Kitchen benches, sinks, troughs, equipment and appliances
- Architectural panelling, railings and trim
- Chemical containers, including for transport
- Heat exchangers
- Woven or welded screens for mining, quarrying and water filtration
- Threaded fasteners