Typical Chemical Composition:
- Cu: Remainder
- Cr: 0.5-1.2%
- Zr: 0.03-0.3%
Typical Mechanical Properties:
- Hardness: min 65 HRB
- Tensile Strength: min 55 KSI
- Elongation: min 13%
- Electrical Conductivity: min 72% IACS at 20oC
- Zirconium addition to chromium copper improves creep resistance at high operating temperatures and reportedly reduces sticking of electrodes to the work during spot welding of galvanized materials.
- Popular as moulds and dies for continuous casting due to its excellent electrical and thermal conductivity, hardness and ease of fabrication
- Low toxicity with excellent mechanical wear resistance and high radiation resistance
- Used extensively as electrodes in resistance welding and as circuit breakers in the electrical sector and also as rod extensions for seam and spot welding.
- Round Bar
- Flat Plate